It’s a new year! My resolution is to keep this website updated and I’m starting with the Cybils finalists for graphic novels.
I’m back as the graphic novels judge for the Children’s and Young Adult Bloggers’ Literary Awards aka the Cybils. It’s my second time judging this particular category (and judging for the Cybils in general). The finalists for all of the categories were announced yesterday:
Elementary/Middle Grade Graphic Novels
- Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel adapted by by Mariah Marsden, illustrated by Brenna Thummler (Andrews McMeel Publishing)
- Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol (First Second Books)
- Escape from Syria by Samya Kullab, illustrated by Jackie Roche (Firefly Books Ltd.)
- Mr. Wolf’s Class by Aron Nels Steinke (GRAPHIX)
- The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell (Knopf Books for Young Readers)
- The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O’Neill (Oni Press)
- The Witch Boy by Molly Knox Ostertag (GRAPHIX)
Young Adult Graphic Novels
- Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation by Anne Frank, adapted by Ari Folman, illustrated by David Polonsky (Pantheon)
- As the Crow Flies by Melanie Gillman (Iron Circus Comics)
- Grand Theft Horse by G. Neri and Corban Wilkin (Lee & Low Books, Inc.)
- Hey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. Krosoczka (GRAPHIX)
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden (First Second Books)
- Quince by Sebastian Kadlecik, Kit Steinkellner, Emma Steinkellner and Valeria Tranier [Translator] (Fanbase Press)
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang (First Second Books)
I’ve read quite a few of them already for fun, for moderating panels or for other awards so I’ve hyperlinked to my thoughts on them if I’ve made them publicly known. Going forward, I won’t be sharing anything else until a winner is declared!
I’m going into 2019 with good vibes.