I’m trying to be better at this whole blogging thing. So here’s what I’ve been working on so far this year. I also want to spotlight the great books/comics I’ve read that were released in 2018 (and of course, those backlisted titles).
Things I’ve written so far:
- Bilal: New Breed of Hero (Review)
- Who Run the World? The Women of Black Panther (Review)
- Discussing the Next Generation of Film with Next Wave’s Teen Committee (Profile/Interview)
- Abbott #1: Know Her Name (Review)
- Proud Mary Missed the Mark (Review)
- Grown-ish Gets Off to a Shaky Start (Review)
Fun things I’ve done so far:
- Interviewed author Jason Reynolds
- I announced that I’m one of the judges for the Dwayne McDuffie Award for Kids’ Comics!
- Judged the 2017 Cybils Award for the graphic novel categories (Young Adult/Elementary & Middle Grade)
Books published in January/February that you should read:
- Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
- Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
- A Dangerous Crossing by Ausma Zehanat Khan
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- American Panda by Gloria Chao
- Speak: The Graphic Novel by Laurie Halse Anderson and Emily Carroll
Most of my reading has been taken up with comics from 2017 for the Cybils and now the McDuffie award. I’ve been reading a lot which was what I wanted to do as one of my resolutions for 2018. Still have a lot to do with the other four resolutions on my list.